- VFM (Vertical Floatation Melter) - An innovative scrap metal furnace that reduces energy usage by 81% as compared to a conventional reverbatory furnace. Funded by the federal Department of Energy (DOE).
- VFM Decoater - Similar in appearance to the VFM Melter, the VFM decoater removes organics of any type from scrap aluminum and steel.
- IDEX- An innovative scrap metal decoater and dryer which results in a 56% reduction in energy use as well as reductions in emissions and dust formation. (Co-funded by DOE and NYSERDA.)
- Protective Coatings - A new coating developed specifically for high temperature applications in caustic environments. Other coating applications are:
- Gas turbine blade protection
- Ceramic sealing
- Protection of pipes carrying high pressure, moderately high temperature oxygen
Co-funded by DOE and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
- Lexington - Consulting services to Lexington Die Casting Co. resulted in a furnace design that uses 47% less energy than a comparable furnace. (Funded by NYSERDA.)