Lexington Die Casting Plant Survey
ERCo conducted a plant wide energy and productivity assessment of Lexington's facilities.
The areas investigated by ERCo included:
- Reverbatory furnace energy use
- Cost/benefit analysis of stack melter installation
- Gas fired oil heater energy use
- Replace/repair analysis of electric motors
- Cost/benefit analysis of recuperator installation
- Cost/benefit analysis of cogeneration
- Cost/benefit analysis of performing a plant lighting retrofit
- Evaluation of alternate electric power providers
- Preparing Lexington for NYSERDA funding requirements
The plant audit consisted of:
- Establishing an energy baseline - including instrumenting process equipment
- Evaluating cost savings and payback times for installation of new equipment and technology
- Helping Lexington secure NYSERDA funding for implementation of energy saving technologies
The audit resulted in:
- Lexington receiving a $250,000 grant from NYSERDA
- Lexington able to participate in the New York Power Authority’s "Power for Jobs" program with a 25% reduction in their electric bill.
- Lexington conducting a lighting retrofit, reducing their lighting electric load and improving lighting levels.
- Lexington receiving a complete catalogue of their motors using DOE’s MotorMaster program, which will allow them to track their motor’s operations, and guide them with an on-going economic analysis of replacing or rewinding motors as needed.